Ticket for Monday Under lights Tickets for GP Circuit on Tuesday
Ride Under Lights
05 Sep 2022 | Sydney - South Circuit
Riders Academy Master Class
06 Sep 2022 | Sydney - GP Circuit
Please select your event dates.
Ride Under Lights / 05 Sep 2022 / Sydney - South Circuit
Riders Academy Master Class / 06 Sep 2022 / Sydney - GP Circuit
How many riders are you booking for?
Riders 1 Information (Billing)
Which cause are you supporting today?
Riders must book into a group which is appropriate for their riding ability, this helps manage risk, your personal
safety and the safety of other riders.
The following is a guide only. Groups on any day can vary. Please speak with the Event Operations Manager on the day if
you are uncomfortable riding in the chosen group.
- For Leaner and Beginners
- For riders returning to the road after a long break
- For riders on a new bike
- Slow speed group *Road speeds
- For Leaner and Beginners
- For riders returning to the road after a long break
- For riders on a new bike
- And those wanting additional experience or practice
- Slow speed group, often faster then streetSKILLS 1 *Road speeds
Intro to Track – White Group
- First timers to track
- Slower riders on track
- Slow to medium road riders
Intermediate Riders – Yellow Group
- For riders who have completed the Introduction course or participated in several training to track days
- Riders at the faster end of Intro to Track
- Riders who have a higher level of formal advanced rider training
Fast Riders – Green Group
- Very experienced riders and fast track riders
Advanced / Racers
- For racers or very experienced and very fast track riders
Note: We may need to move you throughout the day if there are any concerns with your being able to keep pace or
hold lines, however if you are found to have booked the wrong group deliberately you may have your ticket
forfeited and not be allowed on track for that event.
Participant Declaration Contract to participate in the Riders Academy Motorcycle Training Event
WARNING! THIS IS AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT WHICH AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY AND DO NOT SIGN IT UNLESS YOU ARE SATISFIED YOU UNDERSTAND EACH ITEM
1. I HEREBY AGREE with Riders Academy that I am by this agreement entitled to participate in the motorcycle activity/meeting listed in Schedule 2 (hereinafter called “the Meeting” or the “Event”) at the venue listed at Schedule 3 (hereinafter called “the Venue”) on the terms and conditions set out in this document.
2. In this declaration:
a) “Claim” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, cost or expense however arising including but not limited to negligence but does not include a claim against Riders Academy under any right expressly conferred by its constitution or regulation;
b) “Indemnitees” means and includes the persons, organisations and bodies corporate whose names appear in Schedule 1.
c) Riders Academy means Automoto Design & Development PTY ltd, trading as Riders Academy.
d) “Motorcycling Activities” means performing or participating in any capacity in any authorised or recognised Riders Academy event, meeting or activity;
e) “Riders Academy” means and includes their respective directors, officers, members, servants or agents.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISKS, DANGERS & OBLIGATIONS
3. I ACKNOWLEDGE that:
a) motorcycle riding is dangerous and that by engaging in the Riders Academy event (whether as a competitor, recreational rider, student, coach, official or media) at the Meeting I take and am exposed to certain risks and dangers and am under certain obligations as follows:
i) that I may be injured, physically or mentally, and may be killed;
ii) that my machinery or equipment may be damaged, lost or destroyed;
iii) that participants may ride dangerously or with a lack of skill;
iv) that track or event conditions may be hazardous and may vary without warning or predictability;
v) that organisers, officials, landowners/track operators and any agents or representatives of those in charge of meetings are frequently obliged to make decisions under pressure of time/or events;
vi) that any policy of insurance of or in respect of my life or physical or mental health may be voided;
vii) that there may be no or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport of me if I am injured;
vii) that I have an obligation to myself and to others to act safely and within the rules and regulations of Riders Academy.
b) the Indemnitees do not make any warranty that the services at the Meeting will be provided with due care and skill or that any materials provided in connection with the services will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied;
c) to the extent that any warranty is implied it is excluded to the full extent permitted by law;
d) have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in participating in the Event.
WARNING UNDER THE FAIR TRADING ACT 1999
4. Under the provisions of the Fair Trading Act 1999 several conditions are implied into contracts for the supply of certain goods and services. These conditions mean that the supplier named on this form is required to ensure that the recreational services it supplies to you are:
– rendered with due care and skill;
– as fit for the purpose for which they are commonly bought as it is reasonable to expect in the circumstances; and
– reasonably fit for any particular purpose or might reasonably be expected to achieve any result you have made known to the supplier.
Under section 32N of the Fair Trading Act 1999, the supplier is entitled to ask you to agree that these conditions do not apply to you. If you sign this form, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue the supplier under the Fair Trading Act 1999 if you are killed or injured because the services were not rendered with due care and skill or they were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in this form.
NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier’s part. “Gross negligence” is defined in the Fair Trading (Recreational Services) Regulations 2004.
For the purposes of the clause 3, “the Supplier” shall mean and include the Indemnitees.
INDEMNITY AND RELEASE GIVEN TO ORGANISERS
5. IN CONSIDERATION of the acceptance of me as a participant in the Meeting:
The purpose of this Agreement is to exclude the liability of the Provider (as defined below) to the extent permissible by law to pay damages or any other form of compensation for any personal injury or death suffered by me resulting from participating in the Recreational Activity
(as defined below):
a) I acknowledge that the Recreational Activity involves the risk of serious injury, physical harm or death.
b) I also acknowledge that in signing this Agreement I have done so voluntarily and that no pressure or unfair tactics have been used to persuade me to sign this Agreement and that I have done so voluntarily in the knowledge that it is open to me not to sign the Agreement and for me to elect not to participate in the Recreational Activity.
c) I release and forever hold harmless the Provider and any directors or officers of the Provider or any volunteer or employee of the Provider who is involved with organising the Recreational Activity from and against any claims actions, suits, proceedings or liabilities of any kind in respect of any personal injury or death suffered by me.
d) I also agree to indemnify the Provider and any directors or officers of the Provider or any volunteer or employee of the Provider who is involved with organising the Recreational Activity against any claims actions, suits, proceedings or liabilities of any kind in respect of any personal injury or death suffered by me.
e) I also agree that the liability of the Provider for any personal injury that may result from the supply of the Recreational Services (as defined below) that may be suffered by me is excluded.
Parent / Guardian Declaration
6. In my capacity as the parent/guardian of the Participant I make the above acknowledgements, releases, agreements and warranties on behalf of the Participant (as defined below) as if I was the Participant and further warrant that I have told the Participant that the Recreational Activity involves the risk of serious injury, physical harm or death.
“Participant” means the person whose name appears next to Participant below.
“Provider” means Riders Academy (ABN: 26509637691).
“Recreational Activity” means the rider coaching activity provided by the Provider.
“Recreational Services” means the organisation of and delivery of the Recreational Activity.
8. I declare that I am and must continue to be medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Meeting. I will immediately notify Riders Academy of any change to my fitness and ability to participate. I understand and accept the Indemnitees will continue to rely upon this declaration as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
9. I acknowledge and agree that if required, the Indemnitees (or any of them) may arrange medical or hospital treatment (including ambulance transportation) for me. I authorise such actions being taken by the Indemnitees and agree to meet all costs associated with such action. I understand it is compulsory for me to have ambulance insurance in some form and I accept responsibility for the cost of ambulance transportation, ambulance cover and further agree to maintain ambulance cover during the term of my license / membership.
10. I hereby consent to the collection of my personal information by Riders Academy in connection with my involvement at the Event and the use and disclosure of my personal information by Riders Academy to other agencies and officials associated with the Event for the purposes of conducting and managing the Event. I understand that I may gain access to my personal information held by Riders Academy by contacting Riders Academy. I understand that if I do not provide the personal information requested above that I may not be permitted to participate in the Event.
PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
11. I hereby agree with Riders Academy that in consideration for my participation in the Event that Riders Academy may receive, collect, store and use personal health information about me in the manner set out below:
a) I ACKNOWLEDGE that:
i) If I am injured, become ill or die at or following the Event the party listed at item 8 in Schedule 1 in addition to any hospital at which I am treated (together “my Carers”) will have health related information about me in their possession, power and control relating to me which is subject to obligations imposed by the Privacy Act (“my Information”) and the Privacy Act is intended to protect my personal information;
ii) Riders Academy wish to collect my Information for purposes that include their risk management programs, evaluating and improving the safety of Riders Academy events and of the Meeting organisers and facility providers of Riders Academy events, and generally to reduce the risks to persons engaged in motorcycle sport; and
iii) It is reasonable for Riders Academy to collect, store, use and disclose my Information in accordance with clause 11(a)(i) above and in the manner set out in clause
b) IN CONSIDERATION of my acceptance as an entrant in the Meeting I consent and agree that Riders Academy:
i) may collect and store any of my Information, including obtain my Information from third parties including my Carers;
ii) may use any information collected in accordance with this clause for any purpose consistent with creating safer competition in motorcycle sport and events held by or in conjunction with Riders Academy;
c) I irrevocably authorise Riders Academy and hereby appoint Riders Academy as my lawful attorneys to collect from my Carers, and I hereby direct my Carers to provide to Riders Academy upon request being made by Riders Academy, any of my Information including but not limited to any information concerning any incident or event causing or contributing to or resulting from any injury, illness or death to me, the details of any diagnosis and prognosis provided to me by my Carers (or any party with the knowledge of any of my Carers), and any other matter to the knowledge of my Carers that might reasonably be considered to be requested by Riders Academy for the purpose of improving safety at Riders Academy events.
POLICIES AND REGULATIONS
12. I acknowledge, understand and agree that it is a condition of my participation in the Event that I agree to be bound by, and subject to, the rules, regulations and jurisdiction of Riders Academy as amended from time to time. Copies of all Riders Academy rules, policies and regulations are available by contacting the Riders Academy office.
13. All participants are bound by the MA anti doping policy and thus understand they may be subject to drug testing. Testing conducted by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) is in accordance with the ASADA Act and the National Ant-Doping Scheme. This involves the taking of a sample (any human biological fluid or tissue whether alive or otherwise, or any human breath) for the purpose of detecting the use of a Prohibited Drug or Doping Method. Any participant infringing MA’s policy or refusing a drug test may be disqualified or otherwise dealt with in accordance with the terms of the anti-doping policy.
14. I STATE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS DECLARATION (INCLUDING THE WARNING, INDEMNITY AND RELEASE) AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS STATED.
THIRD PARTY INDEMNITY WHERE PARTICIPANT IS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
15. I/WE being the parents or guardians of the person named beside (hereinafter called “the entrant”) HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE:
a) I/we have read the whole of this document and understand it;
b) I/we consent to the entrant participating in the Event; AND
c) I/we are aware of the risks, dangers and obligations set out in Clause 3 above;
d) I/we acknowledge that the entrant is bound by and subject to the rules and policies of MA, including, without limitation, the MA anti-doping policy.
16. IN CONSIDERATION of the entrant being accepted as a participant in the Meeting I/WE HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND RELEASE the Indemnities in the same manner and to the same effect as if I/WE were the entrant and agree to personally accept all terms and conditions and obligations set out in this declaration,
1. Riders Academy
2. Sydney Motorsport Park
3. Queensland Raceways
4. Drivesafe Pty Limited
5. All other persons involved in the organisation, conduct and promotion of the Event or construction or location of the facilities used in connection with or otherwise related to the Event
8. Each of the respective officers, employees, servants, agents, sponsors, successors and
assignees of each of the above.
Sydney Motorsport Park
Lakeside Driver Training Centre
Riders Academy requires ALL riders to comply with the following minimum gear requirements:
As this is a group that based on road speed, we do allow ‘road gear’ to be worn. However, we highly recommend Kevlar and body armour in all gear – please note that no exposed skin on any area is permissible;
- Motorcycle jacket
- Full length motorcycle pants. Jeans are permitted, but not recommended
- Motorcycle gloves that cover your wrists
- Boots that cover your ankles
- Full-face helmet minimum of Australian AS1698 standards
- Full leather suit or
- Leather jacket and leather pants which zip securely together (no textile clothing permitted)
- Leather motorcycle boots (boots must overlap pants or pants must overlap boots, so as no skin or other clothing can be seen)
- Leather motorcycle gloves – gloves with carbon fibre or Kevlar knuckling and/or palms are strongly recommended (gloves must overlap jacket sleeves i.e. no wrist length gloves)
- Full-face helmet minimum of Australian AS1698 standards
While not mandatory, we recommend all riders wear an additional back protector.
Riders Academy does have a limited selection of gear hire. If you would like to hire riding gear for the day please see the Hire Bikes & Gear section of this website.
Motorcycle pre-event checklist
All bikes are welcome at our events as long as they are in safe running order i.e All participants are responsible for ensuring their motorcycle is suitable mechanical condition.
To participate at our Riders Academy Training, you are responsible to self scrutinise your bike. See the list below for items which will need to check before your arrival at our events.
- All treaded tyres must have a minimum of 2mm tread depth at the beginning of the day – this includes centre as well as sides.
- Slick tyres can be used on dry a track only. Access may be denied if the track is deemed unsuitable for slick tyres
- Front and rear brake pads must be deemed to have suitable material to complete a day on track
- Front and rear brake lines must be secured correctly and must not leak or weep fluid
- Fork seals must not show any signs of leaking or weeping fluid
- There must be no evidence of oil leaks or weeps of any kind
- Fairings must be secured correctly
- Any damage to fairings must not have sharp or jagged edges, or in any way be deemed a potential threat to any rider
- Foot pegs and mounting brackets must be secured and aligned correctly
- Exhausts must be secured by all mounting points
- Levers or pedals must be n good working order
- Throttles must snap back to the off position when released
- There must be no evidence of fuel leaks
- Handlebars must be secured and show no evidence of being able to move or be bent
- Gear sack racks must be removed
- Mirrors must be taped and turned in – or taken off
- Video Recording and Lap timing devices are allowed if they are secured by an appropriate tether
- No helmet or body cameras allowed
- No slash exhaust pipes allowed